Click here to view our policy.
Click here to view and purchase PE kit.
At Divine Saviour School, we aim to develop pupils who will be physically active, healthy and can flourish in a range of different physical activities. It is our intent that every pupil at our school will be given the opportunity to attend an off-site sporting event, join a club and have outstanding lessons which will develop their love of this subject. They will also be ready to transition to secondary school with the skills necessary to take their learning to the next level.
The aims of our PE curriculum are to develop pupils who:
- Are willing to practise skills in a range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams, and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance;
- Can excel despite the physical demands on our annual year 6 trip to the Isle of Wight;
-Lead a healthy lifestyle which is achieved by eating sensibly, being aware of the dangers of drugs, smoking and alcohol and exercising regularly;
- Are able to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and have an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being;
- Take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others;
-Employ imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography;
- Have a keen interest in PE - a willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extracurricular sport;
- Can swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and know how to remain safe in and around water.