Sports Premium Funding
On the 5th July 2020, the Education Secretary announced that schools in England will benefit from £320 million from the PE and Sports premium during the academic year 2020-2021.
The PE and Sport Premium is designed to help children get an active start in life, supporting primary schools to improve the quality of their PE and sports provision so that pupils experience the benefits of regular exercise- from becoming healthier both mentally and physically to improved behaviour and better academic achievement.
Please click here to view details of how the sports premium grant is being spent at our school.
Sports Premium Sustainability Statement:
At Divine Saviour we aim to ensure improvements in PE provision and increased participation rates are sustainable by:
- Employing PE specialist staff - a specialist sports leaders has been employed by the school.
- Upskilling staff through CPD
- Purchasing high quality resources to support the teaching and assessment of PE.
- Succession planning in PE leadership
- Maintaining our 'Gold' level School Games mark